Saturday, March 14, 2009

Please Welcome the Newest Member of Our Family


This morning we hit the local farmers' market, as we do most Saturdays, and there just happened to be not one, but TWO establishments there with rescued dogs to adopt. Was it a sign??? We'd known we wanted to get another dog for about a month, since our dog, Mali, passed away and here they were making it almost too easy.

After much deliberation and analysis, (aka, oohing, aahing, and petting) we chose Marley. No, it's not what you think. She's NOTHING like the dog in Marley and Me. She's actually a small, black cocker spaniel, with just a few accents of brown and white. The best part is that she's super mellow, quite unlike our other dog, Lucky. They think she's about 2 years old, so we won't have to deal with all the work that comes with a puppy . . . although, I have to admit I love puppy breath and fat, pink puppy tummies. She's already MOSTLY housebroken, walks well on a leash, and likes to cuddle. Awww . . . Now we're just crossing our fingers that she'll teach Lucky how to behave, and not the other way around!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, they're both so sweet. I love it when people get rescue dogs. And I think you're amazing for wanting two dogs and a baby! You are going to be one busy mama!

    ReplyDelete